Frustrated by poor chronic performance of your silicon neural probes? Broken too many expensive, fragile silicon neural probes? Data contaminated by optogenetic photo-electric artefacts?
We’re focused on providing silicon neural probes that are minimally-invasive with exceptional signal-to-noise performance and minimal photoelectric artefact sensitivity, making them optimal for combined electrophysiology and optogenetics.
Next-generation silicon neural probe technology
Our silicon neural probes offer exceptional performance for both acute and chronic experiments, encompassing:
- Superior chronic stability - unrivalled in vivo longevity - record the neurons you want across many days to weeks in freely behaving animals.
- Optogenetics-safe - the only silicon neural probes on the market with minimized sensitivity to photo-electric artefacts making them the optimal choice for single unit recording + optogenetics.
- Best-in-class signal to noise ratio - stabilized microelectrodes with typical 50 kOhm impedance; ~2x - 10x better than the competition!
- Microdrive compatible - designed to fit our chronic nano-Drives with guaranteed alignment with drive-axis and convenient co-alignment with optrodes and fluidic cannulae.
- Ultra-thin yet robust -15 micron thin silicon neural probes with narrow shank-width for minimal tissue damage yet still able to withstand considerable stress without breaking.
- Long-term reusable - acute probes offering multiple re-uses across many months.
- Proven technology - our silicon neural probes are used in everything from mice to monkeys - read a recent Nature paper using our probes.
- See a full summary of available probe designs.