Frustrated by poor chronic performance of your silicon neural probes? Broken too many expensive, fragile silicon neural probes? Data contaminated by optogenetic photo-electric artefacts?
Our silicon neural probes are the only probes around that are purpose-engineered for combined electrophysiology and optogenetics, with minimal photoelectric artifacts and enhanced signal to noise ratio. Our innovative probe architecture enables guaranteed alignment between our silicon neural probes and our chronic nano-Drives with co-alignment with fiber optic cannulas too.
Next-generation silicon neural probe technology
Our silicon neural probes offer exceptional performance for both acute and chronic experiments, encompassing:
- Superior chronic stability - unrivalled in vivo longevity - record the neurons you want across many days to weeks in freely behaving animals.
- Optogenetics-safe - the only silicon neural probes on the market with minimized sensitivity to photo-electric artefacts making them the optimal choice for single unit recording + optogenetics.
- Best-in-class signal to noise ratio - stabilized microelectrodes with typical 50 kOhm impedance; ~2x - 10x better than the competition!
- Microdrive compatible - designed to fit our nano-Drives with guaranteed alignment with drive-axis and convenient co-alignment with fiber optics and fluidic cannulae.
- Ultra-thin yet robust -15 micron thin silicon neural probes with narrow shank-width for minimal tissue damage yet still able to withstand considerable stress without breaking.
- Long-term reusable - acute probes offering multiple re-uses across many months.
- Proven technology - our silicon neural probes are used in everything from mice to monkeys - read a recent Nature paper using our probes.